1. The promotion of the health and safety of all employees, contractors and others affected by the Group’s operations and products is a vital, mutual objective for management, employees, and contractors at all levels, worldwide.
2. It is therefore Molins’ policy, in all of its businesses, to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent personal injury and damage.
3. In particular the Group aims to:
- provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions taking account of any applicable legal requirements
- provide training and instruction to enable employees to perform their work safely and efficiently
- make available all necessary safety devices and protective equipment and to supervise their use
- maintain a constant and continuing interest in health and safety matters applicable to the company’s activities, in particular, by consulting and involving employees or their representatives wherever possible
- ensure employees and contractors are aware of their duties and responsibilities.
4. Employees and contractors worldwide have a duty to co-operate in the operation of this policy by:
- being alert to potential hazards to themselves or others
- complying with Health and Safety rules applicable to them
- reporting any incidents or circumstances that have led or may lead to injury or damage
- assisting in the investigation of accidents, training and spreading good practice, with the objective of introducing measures to improve safety
- availing of the training and the safety devices and equipment provided to them.
5. The Managing Director/General Manager, at each of the locations within the Group, worldwide, is fully responsible for:
- maintaining safe and healthy working conditions having regard to local laws and practices
- developing a health and safety culture in which employees are proactive in the development of health and safety practices
- making the necessary arrangements within the framework of this general policy stated above.